Real Estate Projects
Valuations for Financing
- Valuations for hundreds of portfolio and single properties for conventional financing throughout the country. We recently conducted a valuation of the business enterprise value of a rural based healthcare provider with a 25-bed critical access hospital, free-standing imaging centers, a free-standing surgery center, outpatient clinics, and a number of specialty service clinics for financing purposes
- Valuations for hundreds of properties for the HUD 232 and 242 programs in 44 states for existing and new construction.
- Valuations for hospitals to qualify for financing under the HUD 242 program. We recently conducted a valuation of a 434-bed full service general acute care hospital for use by the bank and HUD for financing purposes under the HUD 242 program
For more information on Valuations for Financing, click here.
- HUD compliant market studies for new construction facilities under the 232 program guidelines
- HUD-compliant market study for a replacement nursing home in North Carolina
- A market study for a proposed assisted living and memory care facility in Georgia
- A market study for a complex proposed nursing home including traumatic brain injury beds
For more information on Market Studies, click here.
Real Estate Tax Issues
- Valuations for numerous large hospital systems and individual facilities in Illinois to comply with the Illinois non-profit exemption charity care law. Our analysis complied with Illinois Senate Bill 294 and was utilized to successfully keep non-profit status for all hospitals
- Valuations for a national nursing home operator for appeal of their ad valorem assessments on several properties, in some cases resulting in valuations of less than half the assessed market value
For more information on Real Estate Tax Issues, click here.
Medicaid Rate Reimbursement – Capital Component
- Engaged by a state to value approximately 300 Medicaid eligible nursing homes in the state on a cost approach basis for the capital component under its new Medicaid reimbursement program. This was a four-month process that involved visiting and valuing approximately 300 facilities. We worked closely with the state bureau, its accounting partners and the state nursing home association
To view this as a PDF, click here.