Timothy H. Baker
Mr. Baker has been in the appraisal industry since 1981 with a concentration on healthcare and seniors housing properties. His valuation experience includes valuing the business enterprise, real estate, and personal property. Valuations have been performed on a national and international basis. Consulting engagements include market and financial feasibility studies.
Mr. Baker has experience in the valuation of numerous healthcare facilities including acute care, behavioral health, and rehabilitation hospitals. Seniors housing properties include nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and retirement centers. Other related operations include research facilities, healthcare leasing companies, physician practices, and medical office buildings. Mr. Baker has also provided consultations on market assessment, demand analysis, reimbursement issues, development of fixed asset records, and has provided analysis of strategic opportunities. Valuation reports prepared by Mr. Baker have been used for several purposes including public offerings, litigation support, HUD 232 and 242 mortgage insurance programs, acquisition/divestitures, property tax purposes, state reimbursement, estate planning, and for internal management decision making.
- 2007 to present – Managing Partner, Principle Valuation, LLC.
- 2001 to 2007 – Senior Vice President, Wellspring Valuation, Ltd.
- 1997 to 2001 – Vice President, Marshall & Stevens National Healthcare Practice
- 1992 to 1997 – Senior Manager, Capital Valuation Group, specializing in the valuation of the business and real estate of seniors housing and healthcare related facilities.
- 1981 to 1992 – Manager, Valuation Counselors where he was responsible for performing a multitude of appraisal and consulting services for clients specializing in business enterprise, real estate, and machinery and equipment.
- Advisory Committee Member, American Senior Housing Association
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Associate Member Appraisal Institute
Education, Licenses and Designations
- 1980 graduate of Bucknell University with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in Arizona, Indiana, Maryland, New Jersey and New York
- Testified as expert witness in California, Colorado, Connecticut, New Hampshire, New Jersey and Pennsylvania