Mary Jo Duffy, CPA
Ms. Duffy brings 25 years of accounting, auditing, business valuation, business consulting and financial management to her clients. She has testified as an expert witness in deposition and trial, and advised clients on strategy, transactions and general business issues in addition to valuation issues.
Ms. Duffy began her career with KPMG as an accountant and auditor. As CEO of Valuation Counselors, a national valuation firm, she provided valuation services to entities as diverse as boat manufacturers, grocery chains, technology ventures and healthcare providers. She served as a partner in a national CPA firm, responsible for appraisal and valuation services nationwide and was a member of the firm’s Management Council.
As National Director of Financial Services to the healthcare industry for Coopers & Lybrand L.L.P., a predecessor firm of PricewaterhouseCoopers, Ms. Duffy was responsible for litigation, valuation, merger & acquisition, reorganization and other services to healthcare entities and assisted healthcare clients with matters involving providers, payers and related organizations. She later joined Ernst & Young’s Healthcare Consulting practice specializing in physician networks, operations improvement, M&A strategy and post-merger integration. Her expertise in the healthcare arena includes advising providers on strategic options, negotiating transactions and assisting a Debtor in Possession in disposing of the assets, preparing a physician organization for doubling in size and an IPO, and developing integrated networks in academic medical centers and community delivery systems. She has served as CFO of a multi-specialty, multi-site healthcare provider.
- Director, Acuitas, Inc.
- Senior Manager/Director, Ernst & Young Healthcare Consulting, LLC
- National Director of Financial Services, Coopers & Lybrand, LLC
- CEO, Valuation Counselors Group
- Certified Public Accountant and Auditor, KPMG.
- Leadership Team Member Healthcare Task Force of Georgia Society of CPAs
- Member, Illinois CPA Society
- Serves as Board Member for Turning Point Women’s Healthcare, The Childhood
- Autism Foundation and Emory Austin Resource Center
- Georgia Association of Healthcare Executives
Education Licenses, and Designations
- Graduate of Georgetown University School of Business
- Certified Public Accountant
- Honored by Atlanta Magazine as one of Atlanta’s outstanding business women.